The BHP Internship Program introduces students to the important role BHP plays in ensuring a productive life in the community for everyone. Interns gain practical experience through projects, special assignments, or research that support federal, state, and community-based programs, policies, and best practices in the prevention and treatment of substance abuse and mental illness.
The BHP Internship Program allows students to use their specific skills and knowledge while experiencing the value of their education. Intern positions at BHP are unpaid, offer flexible hours, give exposure to meaningful projects, gaining real-life exposure to areas aligned with your course of study. If you are interested in seeing if you are a match for our internship program please follow the process below.
To qualify for a BHP internship, applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident (I-151 or I-551). Individuals on temporary visas are not eligible. Additionally, individuals must be authorized or eligible to work in the United States by law.
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program (BA/BS, Masters, JD, MD, or Ph.D.) at an accredited higher education institution. Students pursuing only a credential or certificate program will be considered ineligible.
- Have completed their freshman year of college before the internship begins
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Recent graduates may apply if they participate within 12 months of their graduation and provide a certificate of graduation or a copy of your conferred degree.
Qualified and want to apply for an Internship with BHP?
- Contact your Professor/Administration for the schools intern process requirements
- Complete the application, attach a resume and your Professors recommendation and mail to: BHP Attention HR, 65 Messimer Drive, Newark, Ohio 43055
- Provide BHP with your schools intern process requirements
- BHP will contact you to set an assessment interview to determine if your internship goals aligns with one of our positions
- If offered an internship, you will be responsible for providing BHP with the results from a drug test/BCII background screen (at your expense)
Thank you for considering an internship with BHP!